Vintage 1940's Nightgown | Very Sheer Black Silk Chiffon with Cotton Lace | Size S, M, LG
Vintage 1940s nightgown made of an ultra-sheer, gauzy black silk chiffon that leaves very little to the imagination. Bias cut with a low neck and wide straps, with gorgeous cotton lace framing the bust and around the rib. A low cut in the back with a flattering pointed V low-back, gathered at the hip of the skirt to create a nice texture. This darling gown falls to just above the ankle with a lace-edged hem. Very pretty!
Very good-excellent: Hand washed and steamed. One very small hole near the waist seam and a couple above the hem in the back. Some fading of the lace to a brown patina on the side of the waist.
BRAND/LABEL - None
COLOR - Black
MATERIAL - Silk chiffon, lace
SIZE - S, M, M/LG
- Taken laying flat then doubled.
- Maximum stretch given for comfort, not capacity.
- Length was taken from the top of strap to hem.
- Shown pinned at the waist on a size 4 dress form.
BUST - 34-38"
WAIST - 28-32"
HIP - 46"
LENGTH - 53"
See the FAQs for more information pertaining to the following:
- Returns & Cancellations
- Sizing Details
- How I Process your Orders
- How I care for the items I sell
- Vintage Shopping
- Shipping & Insurance - Shipping & Insurance